Construction Site Injuries In Mississippi
The following article will cover:
- Common causes of injuries in contractors and construction workers in Mississippi.
- Liability in case of injury on a construction site.
- Steps to take if a worker is injured on the job and has filed a personal injury claim in Mississippi.
What Are The Most Common Causes Of Injuries Sustained By Contractors And Other Construction Workers While On The Job In Mississippi?
The most common cause of injuries among contractors and construction workers in Mississippi is falling. Other common causes include objects falling on workers. To summarize, the primary causes are:
- Objects falling on workers
Who Is Liable If Injury Occurs On A Construction Site?
In most cases, the contractor or subcontractor is liable for injuries that occur on a construction site. However, it’s possible that the injured worker could be found partly at fault. Overall, liability typically falls on:
- The contractor
- The subcontractor (if applicable)
A Worker Was Injured On Our Construction Site. Should They File A Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Yes, an injured worker should file a workers’ compensation claim to receive appropriate benefits and coverage.
What Steps Should We Take If A Worker Is Injured On The Job And Has Filed A Personal Injury Claim In Mississippi?
If a worker files a personal injury claim against your company, you should take the following steps:
- Contact your workers’ compensation and liability insurance providers, whether that’s an adjuster or an agent.
- Inform the insurer about the accident, including your understanding of what happened and why it occurred.
- Provide the adjuster or inspector with access to the accident site.
- Take photos of the site and gather witness statements as soon as possible, ideally within a day or two of the accident, to ensure accurate and fresh memories.
By taking these steps, you will help protect your business and ensure a fair resolution for all parties involved.
For more information on Construction Site Injuries In Mississippi, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (662) 672-6663 today.